Monday, September 28, 2009

Today I am reminded


Today I am reminded how lucky I am.  Hayden got a cold last week and low and behold Madelynn came down with a cold yesterday.  Why am I so lucky then?  Well it might seem strange, but I feel lucky today because I can stay home with her, let her rest, cuddle her and wipe her nose lots.  Exciting right?  To me it is a reminder that I am blessed.

Hayden spent his first two years in daycare because Andy and I both had to work.   For most of those first two years he spent them being sick from the constant onslaught of stuff that goes around a daycare.  He seemed to always have a cold, but that was nothing major to us.  It was all the other diseases he got, if they posted a case of "croup" we knew he'd get it.  He always seemed to get whatever bugs were going around.  I spent my time at work worrying about him.  And when I stayed home with him because he was sick, I spent my time worrying about him and work.

So today I am reminded how blessed I am to be a "Stay at home" mom.  I know Andy and I both wish we could have done this earlier for Hayden, it is that guilt we live with as parents.  But I am so thankful to you Andy, for working so hard for us so that I can stay home with our kiddo's.

1 comment:

Sarah Wroblewski said...

Well said Heather! Charley had the same experience. And I so appreicate staying home for this reason too. However, I worry that Henry will miss his entire first year of Kindergarten because he hasn't built up such a strong defense. Snuggle that little girl. If you would rather I have Hayden this week - that works for me too! No worries!