Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekends and Projects

This is what our garage looked like all weekend

Labor day weekend was a big project weekend. Andy took Tuesday off so we had a four day weekend. We were working on finishing the final touches of our basement. The basement has been "finished" since a year ago May, meaning it is completely a livable space. But the window in the bedroom, still needed to be finished off. You could still see the concrete blocks for a window sill. The door casings and baseboards weren't on. The closet doors in the hallway weren't installed and neither were the doors for the extra cabinet in the bathroom.

So two weekends ago we started painting, since all of the above needed to be painted white before it could be installed, we finished painting all of it this past weekend, thank goodness. Andy also got to install the door casings, the window is framed out and painted and the closet doors are hung.

We still managed to have plenty of play time with the kiddo's. Andy took Hayden to Home depot for the kid's project, he got to make a bean bag toss. Andy also manged to replace our garbage disposal. It was leaking water under the sink, just lovely. Thank goodness I have a Handy Andy in the house:)

I wonder does anyone else take on projects like this on their weekends? I will be so happy when the basement is complete. It is our last big project I think before the snow flies.

No comments: