Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Hayden's first day of Kindergarten
Hayden had his first day of Kindergarten today. On Tuesday, Hayden and I went to meet his teacher and explore his classroom. But today was his big first day, how excited he was.
I knew in my heart he has been ready for Kindergarten. But today I knew for sure. I took him into the building and then we waited by the office until they said the kindergarteners can go to their class. Today we waited with his friend Henry, who was in his preschool class last year. When the lady from the office said they could go to class, Hayden was excited. Henry wanted his mom to come with him, I asked Hayden "Do you want me to walk you down to your classroom?" Hayden said with a smile "No...I know where it is." Made me proud to see him go. He melted my heart when he turned around and waved at me and then shouted when he was three quarters down the hall "BYE Mommy!"
Hayden said his favorite parts of his first day were gym class and all the new toys. He told me at lunch that the toys Mrs. Dovre (his teacher) has are way cooler than the ones his preschool teacher had. He also loved seeing some of his old friends, Henry and Olivia are the only two from preschool that he knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment