Hayden has been in Kindergarten for a week now. Just yesterday I could tell the "newness" of Kindergarten was starting to fade. The reason...when I went to get him up, he said "I have Kindergarten again...I never get PJ days anymore." I explained to him that yes, the days of lounging around in his PJ's during the week were over, but that he could still have PJ weekend days. Getting him up is always the hardest part. By the time we leave the house he is excited and ready to start the day.
He learns something new everyday, whether its a new "job" they get to do or trying to master the monkey bars. He gets to do "Jobs" each day, I love to ask him about those and hear the different color "jobs" and what they entail.
Hayden gets to go to the library one day a week, gym class 2 days a week and music class 2 days a week. Last week when asked what his favorite song was by his music teacher he said and I quote "Wake up a Little Suzy." Yes that's right, he likes those 50's tunes that his Papa has sung to him. Just about cracked me up when he told me.
Yesterday he learned jumping jacks in gym class. He hasn't quite mastered that skill yet but I love to see him try. I told him I am going to video tape him now doing jumping jacks and then we can compare it at the end of the year to how he does jumping jacks. That got him excited to practice:)
I know there is so much more to come that I get to witness. I feel like this first week is just getting them used to things. I can't wait to hear about what he does as the time goes on.

No comments:
Post a Comment