But then around 8 months something went awry, I think she got a cold. Ever since I had been rocking her to sleep. This got increasingly more difficult since she just couldn't get comfortable in my arms.
I had tried numerous times to try to break her of needing me but then she went through this phase where she would cry until she would vomit and then cough and sputter. Every time she did this it took a year off my life since I would run like heck to get to her and make sure she didn't choke. Lovely.
I had asked for advice from other moms on how to tackle this. I got lots of advice, but none of it worked for us. I had been told to leave toys in the crib and then she would get bored and drift off to sleep. Not my Maddy. Nope she just played for 30 min and then got mad and would chuck said toys out of her crib.
So this past weekend I decided I would read her a book, sing her a song, cuddle her for a couple minutes. Then off to her crib. And.....for some reason she finally decided I was going to win. Only that first nap did she cry for about 30 minutes and then give up. The rest of the time she would maybe cry for 10 min or less and then stop. Sometimes now she doesn't even bother crying.
I am so proud of her for accomplishing this feat, because she's still just my baby girl. Now if she could just figure out how to look for her own pacifier in the night and stop waking me up once a night:)

No comments:
Post a Comment