Yesterday was Monday and it lived up to the feeling of a Monday to me. Hayden came down with a fever on Sunday afternoon with a cold. Honestly he didn't act sick but Andy noticed that he looked pale. And sure enough he had a temperature. So I knew Monday he wasn't going to school and that would make for a longer day for him.
When I got up Monday morning I was greeted by a happy Madelynn, this doesn't always happen. Sometimes she wakes up crying. We think she just doesn't like to be alone, because once you pick her up she's in good humor. But then as soon as we left her bedroom I was greeted by our dog outside her room, she only does this when something's up. Sure enough we get downstairs and voila, Millie throws up. Lovely, but hey at least its on the wood floors I am thinking. So I clean that up and now Hayden is up.
It was one thing after another yesterday. Andy called around 10am and said he was coming home sick. His stomach was bothering him Sunday (so was Hayden's), and he had a headache. I don't know what it is about this bug but apparently your stomach doesn't feel great. Again I am at least grateful that either one of them doesn't feel like they are going to throw up.
And yesterday of all days we were expecting a house guest. Andy's cousin Katie is staying with us for a couple weeks before she can move into her apartment. I was feeling awful thinking she's coming to a sick household. So I greeted Katie in the afternoon and told her half the house is sick.
Katie was definitely the highlight of the day. I enjoyed catching up with her. Hayden talked her ear off for the rest of the day and night. Millie tried to climb in her lap and Maddy warmed right up to her.
So today is a new day, Hayden's fever is gone. He honestly didn't seem sick yesterday at all, he just enjoyed laying around and getting to watch more tv than normal. Andy is back at work, and I hope to get something done today. The leaves have started to fall outside, now if I just had enough time to get out and rake them:)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment