Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rainy Days

What Maddy chooses to do after lunch on a rainy day
I love rainy days, they make everything inside our home seem cozier. But today I am just not loving the rain. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it seems to have rained a little or a lot everyday for the past two weeks. It makes it hard to run errands even with one child. Who wants to run into a store in the rain if it can wait.

So today I feel a little trapped by the rain. I think being a single parent for the past two days while Andy has been away probably doesn't help. I am used to Andy working late but when he's completely gone or he works late multiple nights in a row, the days become long, and sleep short.

I like fall and we'd be outside enjoying it, if only the sun would come out and play. Today however it looks like the rain is here to stay.

Yesterday we got in our pj's early as something fun to do and played games and read books. Today I think Hayden and I might do an art project this afternoon while Maddy naps.

What do you do on rainy days?

No comments: