Monday, January 5, 2009

Madelynn at 5 months

Madelynn at the wheel
The picture was taken at a rest stop on our way back from WI, one of the many breaks we took that day.

Madelynn is now 5 months old and such a talker! Hayden and her can be a lot alike but not in the talking area. Hard to believe but when Hayden was 5 months old he didn't jabber that much. He was pretty quiet. Not our Maddy, she loves to jabber. And we love to hear what she has to say. Hayden is waiting for her to say his name, she already says "hay" in her jabbering so he thinks she is practicing his name.

She is starting to sit up a little on her own. We have moved her out of her infant carseat as she is too big for it. I don't miss lugging it in and out of the car. I do however miss her being asleep and staying asleep once we got home from somewhere, like daycare dropoff. Now that I have to get her out of the Britax carseat, she wakes up. And with Maddy she never wants to miss anything, so she insists on staying awake. What a little busy body she is!

She cut her first tooth on Jan 3rd! Here I thought since Hayden got his first tooth at exactly 5 months old there was no way she would get her first tooth that early as well. I was wrong..... so she hasn't been sleeping well at night. Tylenol helps but she still wakes at least once, usually twice. Let's just say the infant car seat is still upstairs and in our room. For some reason that settles her. Ah the joys of teething:)


No comments: