Thursday, June 25, 2009

Conversations with Hayden


Late last week Andy had an event after work so it was just me and the kiddo's for dinner. So Hayden and I were talking and lately he has been talking about dying, what happens, who's goign to die, etc. I am not sure what has brought it on but its been on his mind on and off. So out of the blue I think he started with "when will Nana (my mom) die?" He asks because I believe he worries that he doesn't want her or anyone to die soon. He had just talked to her that day. So I told him not to worry that Nana while older than him and I is still young and will be around for a loooonnnng time:) And that seemed to appease him.


Then Hayden asked "What happens when you die?"

Mommy: "You go to Heaven."

Hayden: "then do you become a new person?"

I was a bit in awe of the way his brain thinks at this point. I know I never thought about these types of things when I was his age.

Mommy: "good question, no one knows for sure, what do you think happens?"

Hayden: "I think you do. "
Mommy: "Do you think you remember what you learned in this life?"
Hayden: "No you have to rego at it. You have to start over."

So while I realize it is a strange topic to blog about, I want to remember always the interesting conversations I have with him. He's my little thinker I just love that about him.

No comments: