Maddy practicing sitting up
December has been full of surprises. It all started in the beginning of the month on a Friday night. Hayden was goofing around after dinner and he fell and hit his front tooth on the step into our sunken family room. We still have no idea what he was doing, it literally happened in an instant. He did knock one of his front top teeth loose. We could tell because it was pushed back. Surprisingly this has never happened before, so Andy and I were a little panicked. We called the pediatric dentist. Andy was able to pop the tooth back into place, just by lightly touching it. The dentist said that was great and it was a wait and see game. So far the tooth is fine, we hope it will stay like that.
About a week ago, Madelynn just wasn't acting herself. She was fussy all day and didn't sleep at all that night until we put her in her car seat. I knew once she couldn't sleep that she must have an ear infection. I knew she wasn't teething and we remembered how Hayden couldn't sleep when his ears hurt. No fever though. So last Friday I took her in and sure enough she has an ear infection. Hopefully it will be her first and last. She's doing better now and will be on antibiotics for a few more days.
Hayden and I have had fun making cookies this week. Madelynn enjoys just hanging out in the kitchen with us. Hayden loves to listen to Christmas music while we bake and dance around. Maddy sure enjoys watching him and just giggles when he looks at her.

No comments:
Post a Comment